Traeger Grill Review Comparison Chart
|Lil’ Tex Elite||Select PRO||Junior Elite|
|Our Overall Rating:||95%||95%||91%|
|Fuel||Wood Pellets||Wood Pellets||Wood Pellets|
|Capacity||418 square inches||590 square inches (primary)
177 square inches (secondary)
|292 square inches|
|SEE ON AMAZON||SEE ON AMAZON||SEE ON AMAZON|
Traeger is an Oregon premium grill company founded in the 1990’s. They make some of the best Grill’s you can buy on the market today. We take a look at what makes these grills so popular today in our Trager bbq review articles. Carry on reading below for out complete Traeger renegade elite review.
Today Traeger bbq grills are renowned for the following qualities
- Great value
- Exceptional taste
- Multi-function abilities
Different Types of Barbeque Grills and Smokers
If you’re a big fan of outdoor cooking, ribs, steaks, pulled pork, brisket or barbeques then you would most likely of heard of the terms like a grill, smoker, wood pellet grill, gas grill or bbq smokers. But many are not familiar with the different types of grills and their advantages or disadvantages. Different types of grills and bbq smokers can produce different flavours and as such it’s important to know the differences in grills and smokers.
Common grills include:
- Gas grill – gas, usually propane gas, you can’t smoke meat with a gas grill
- Charcoal grill – charcoal, time-consuming and expensive
- Electric grill – inferior quality than gas or charcoal grills
- Portable grill – can run on gas or charcoal, you are limited on how much you can cook
- Wood pellet grill – easy to learn to cook, this is what Traeger produces
- Electric smoker – do not get the same smoke flavour like other smoker grills such as Traeger wood pellet smoker grills
- Offset smoker – require a lot of work and attention to cooking meat. You will need to constantly check the grill temperature
- Charcoal smoker – produces a lot of smoke which can be an issue if you live in areas which may restrict the smoke you can produce
However, Traeger uses wood pellets for their grills. The advantages of wood pellet grills are:
- Produces the best tasting meat. Wood pellets, hardwood such as pecan, cherry and maple, produce a delicious smoky flavour far superior to other smoker grills that use other fuel sources.
- Easy to use
- Produce a consistent temperature
- Pellet smokers cooks meats evenly
- Wood pellets are a cheap fuel source. hardwood pellets can be cheap if you buy in bulk.
Be sure to also take a look at our Traeger elite grill review articles so you can make the best decision when picking the right grill and smoker for you.
Traeger renegade elite review
Don’t you hate it when you think you have found the perfect bbq but it turns out it’s missing basic features like a tool rack, easy cleaning grill or durable wheels? Well, the Renegade Elite is here to fix that. This grill smoker aims to provide a complete grill experience thanks to it’s nifty built in features. Is this the best bbq grill? Come find out in our Traeger renegade review below.
Tired of trying to balance your tools precariously on your grill? Thanks to the simple tool rack on the renegade elite you can easily hang up your tools neatly.
The renegade elite comes with a handy EZ-drain grease system which collects all your meat drippings and flows into a handy sized bucket. Meaning a cleaner grill and patio at the end of your outdoor cooking bbq session.
The renegade elite comes with a handy prep rack on the front of the grill. This allows you to prep all your food before and after it goes into your grill.
There’s no getting stuck in the mud with the renegade elite. Thanks to its durable wheels you can use your grill smoker anywhere and anytime.
Multiple outdoor cooking styles
With the Renegade Elite, you are able to cook in the following styles
So whether it’s pulled pork, ribs or steaks this grill smoker has you covered!
Features and Specifications
- 50 x 40 x 22 inches
- 380 square inch grill area (20 x 19 inch)
- 100.3 lbs
- Digital controller
- Prep rack
- Grease-cleaning system
- Tool rack
- All-terrain wheels
- Wood pellet grill
- Great value
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use – Set and forget, no need to babysit
- Handy features – EZ-drain grease system, tool rack and prep rack
- produces incredibly delicious tasting food
- Lots of cooking styles – Grill, smoke, bbq, braise, roast and bake with this grill – So whether it’s burgers, bread, pizza or chicken this grill can cook it!
- Wood pellet grill – hardwood wood pellets produce an amazing smoky flavour for your food
- Not available on Amazon (We recommend the Traeger Pro Series instead)
- Smaller grill size than other Traeger Grills
This is perhaps one the best grill you can buy for all your outdoor cooking needs thanks to its ample cooking space, precise temperature control, EZ-drain grease system, all-terrain wheels, and prep rack.
Unfourtuently this grill is not available on Amazon. In this case, we highly recommend the Traeger Pro Series Grill. Make sure you check out our other Traeger grill reviews on the site for our comprehensive reviews.
Note: all images used in this Traeger renegade review are property of Traeger (https://goo.gl/KW3rmu)