Many people do not have the luxury of a large garden for outdoor cooking on a large barbeque. However, smaller bbq’s are not always worse than bigger grill and smokers. This is exactly the case with the Traeger Junior Elite Grill which packs a punch similar to the Traeger Lil’ Tex Grill or the Traeger Pro Series Grill. To find out what makes this grill such a beast read on for our comprehensive Traeger Junior Elite review.
300 square inch grilling area
With the 20 x 15-inch grill area you should be able to cook either of the following according to Traeger:
- Up to 12 Burgers OR
- 2 Chickens OR
- 18 Hot Dogs OR
- 3 Rib Racks OR
Don’t be put off by the name. This grill can cook a lot.
Multiple outdoor cooking styles
With the Junior Elite, you are able to cook in the following styles
Have complete control of your grill’s temperature with the Junior Elite’s digital thermostat. Complete with LED temperature display you’ll be sure to bbq the perfect steaks and ribs every time at the best cooking temperature.
Wood pellet hopper and auger
The Junior Elite Grill works by burning hardwood pellets. The hopper is able to store enough pellets to keep you grilling and smoking without reloading the hopper.
The Auger is what transports the pellets from the hopper to the firepot. Depending on your cooking style it can move either fast for fast heat or slowly feed the firepot to gradually smoke your meat.
The Junior Elite comes with a 3-yearr limited warranty giving you peace of mind in case of damage that may occur with your grill.
Features and Specifications
- 300 square inch grilling area
- Digital thermostat
- 3-year warranty
- Energy efficient – Only 50 watts used after the first 4 minutes
- Multiple cooking styles
- The grill
- Digital thermostat
- Drip bucket
- Assembly instructions
- Perfect for small households
- Lots of cooking styles – Grill, smoke, bbq, braise, roast and bake with this grill
- Set and forget – Just make sure your hopper has enough pellets and you can leave this alone once you have set up
- Easy to use
- Cooks food evenly
- Produces great tasting food – Wood pellets mean you can also customise the flavouring of your food
- Easy to move
- Great customer service
- Use in areas with “No Open Flame Cooking” restrictions
- Amazing value
- Cheap to use – Wood pellet grills are one of the cheapest grills you can run
- Can be hard to remove unused pellets. However, if you lift the grate you will be able to access these without any issues.
If your looking for a grill and smoker for your small household and are not permitted to use open flame cooking grills, such as charcoal or propane, this is certainly the grill for you. What you’re getting with the Junior Elite is a great value grill that allows you to cook using a variety of cooking methods such as smoking, roasting and baking. Along with that you also get the reassurance of a 3-year warranty and high-quality customer service to help you with any concerns you may have. So this also makes this Traeger grill ideal for those new to outdoor cooking.