So you’re serious about your outdoor cooking, you love barbeques and you’re looking for a smoker and grill that’s got some power behind it. A grill that you can use to entertain and a grill smoker that can serve both family and friends. What you need is a Traeger Grill! Carry on reading to find out what makes these grills so good in our Traeger Lil Tex Elite review.
418 square inch grilling area
With the 22 x 19-inch grill area you should be able to cook either of the following according to Traeger:
- Up to 16 burgers OR
- 4 chickens OR
- 24 hot dogs OR
- 5 rib racks
So whether it’s a couple of friends or the whole family there’s plenty of space to cook up a scrumptious meal!
Large hopper capacity
Enjoy a hopper capacity of 18 lbs. so you can keep cooking, grilling and smoking all day long!
Multiple outdoor cooking styles
Like most Traeger grills you are able to cook in the following styles:
So whether it’s pulled pork, ribs or steaks this grill smoker has you covered!
Ensure and even and consistent cook thanks to the auger-fed burner. The auger is used to transport wood pellets from the hopper to the firepot. So whether you need fast and hot temperature or a gradual and consistent heat for smoking the auger can be adjusted to produce the ideal cooking temperature for whatever you’re grilling, baking, smoking, roasting or braising.
Features and specifications
- 418 square inch grill area
- LED display to easily control ideal cooking temperature
- Wood pellet grill
- Easy to clean
- 18 lb. hopper
- Cooking versatility – grill, smoke, braise, bbq, roast or bake
- BBQ smoker – Wood pellet grills are clean, efficient and taste great!
- Easy to clean thanks to the EZ-drain grease system – No messy grease!
- Easy to use – A little practice and you’ll be the grill master of your neighbourhood
- Great tasting food – Wood pellets produce a lovely smoky flavour. Nothing better than great tasting smoked meat!
- Set and forget
- Easy to assemble
- Energy efficient
- Great customer service
- Expensive but if you’re serious about your outdoor cooking then consider this an investment into a good quality grill that produces some delicious tasting food!
- Requires some getting used to. Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be well away!
The great thing about Traeger grills is that they are mostly set and forget grill smokers. Feed your hopper with hardwood wood pellets, set your temperature and then you’re good to go. With the Lil Tex, you’re able to grill in style for the family and friends. Great tasting food with little hassle!