The ultimate portable grill? Quite possibly! The Traeger Tailgater is a sleek, stylish, compact and ultra-portable grill smoker that uses hardwood pellets to produce delicious tasting food. This beast can cook pulled pork, ribs or steaks and much more with ease. Carry on reading for our comprehensive Traeger Tailgater review!
The Tailgater measures in at just 36 x 37 x 18 inches and weighs only 62 lbs! If that’s not enough to convince you then you’d be happy to know that this grill comes with Traeger’s EZ Fold legs making it the ultimate portable wood pellet grill.
300 square inch grilling area
With the 20 x 15-inch grilling area you should be able to cook either of the following according to Traeger:
- Up to 12 burgers OR
- 2 chickens OR
- 18 hot dogs OR
- 3 rib racks
Plenty of space to cook for friends and family. Don’t let its size put you off!
18 lb wood pellet hopper capacity
Keep your grill going for longer thanks to the impressively sized hardwood pellet hopper capacity. Just fill up, set your temperature and your good to go.
Multiple outdoor cooking styles
With the Tailgater, you are able to cook in the following styles
Wood pellet grill
Ask any barbeque enthusiast and they will tell you that wood pellet grills are the best in the market. Charcoal and gas fuel bbq’s have many disadvantages to them including:
- Charcoal is time-consuming and expensive
- You can’t smoke with a gas grill
- Charcoal smokers produce a lot of smoke which can be an issue in densely populated residential areas or areas with smoke restrictions.
However, wood pellet grills have the following advantages to them
- Cheap fuel source
- Produces a lovely smoky flavour – which can be altered depending on what hardwood pellets you use. One can use maple to apple and other hardwood pellets.
- Cook meat evenly
- Easy to use
- Produces an even, consistent temperature in your grill
Features and Specifications
- 62 lbs
- 36 x 37 x 18 inches
- Cook up to 12 burgers on the 20 x 15-inch grill (300 square inches of grill)
- 18 lb wood pellet hopper
- Smoke, grill, roast, bake, braise and BBQ
- EZ-Fold legs
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to use
- Portable and lightweight
- Great value
- Produces deliscious tasting food
- Easy to clean
- Long lasting
- Set and forget
- Precise cooking temperature
- Energy efficient
- Amazing customer service
- High initial power usage. 300 watts is used for the first 4 minutes and then this is reduced to just 50 watts after the initial 4 minutes.
This has to be one of the best portable grills on the market. The Traeger Tailgater is light, compact, stylish and portable thanks to its 62 lbs weight and EZ-fold legs. Although this grill may be small it punches well above its weight. With the 300 square inch grilling area, you are able to grill up to 12 burgers OR 2 chickens OR 18 hot dogs OR 3 rib racks. This grill is perfect for small residential homes and can also be used for camping, beach BBQs and tailgating.